Only 100 km from Pattaya in the direction of Bangkok (you only have to go left of the BKK route) there is both a province and a city with a tricky name Chachoengsao. The number of landmarks is amazing there! When you get to this place you only wish the day was 10 hours longer – too many places to go and wonders to see! Farangs haven’t discovered them yet, we were the only white persons there literally – so Chachoengsao is a really Hidden Gem for us. Many thanks to my student of Russian language Narisara for her recommendation to go there! 😍
Here is the list of main must-visit places in Chachoengsao:
1. Wat Saman (its full name is longer) – a real Buddhist Disneyland, indeed! There is a pink reclining Ganesha here, many-faced deity, a wonderful Chinese shrine, a huge floating lotus, and many-many more attractions that will keep you in this place won’t let you leave fast;
2. Wat Sothon (full name is much longer) – fab! There is a real pilgrimage here – Thais believe this is a very special place where Buddha hears all your wishes and makes them come true;
3. Old market – include it in your bucket list! A real Rare Gem of Chachoengsao!
4. Golden and Silver Temples -no comment
5. Monastery where one of the monks is a seaman (for a change, why not?). Many Thai men during the period of 1 year mourning for their passed away beloved Rama IX left their jobs and went to the monasteries and temples to serve as monks for 3/6 months.
6.Birds Park (a paradise for birds-lovers!)
7. Standing Ganesha (40 m tall – the tallest in Thailand!)
8. Markets along the roads (it’s where you get to know what real prices are!)
That’ll do for the text, I hope you’ll enjoy seeing the photos as I did while taking them in Chachoengsao. Kiss-kiss, baci-baci!
Reclining Pink Ganesha
Chinese Deity – a White Woman
An Ancient Temple
A replica of the Golden Rock in Myanmar
if you whisper your wish into the ear of one of the Mice guarding reclining Ganesha it will come true for sure!